Saturday, November 1, 2008

The Engagement!


Well, I (Melissa) had no idea that Robert was planning on proposing when he came to visit from 15 October to 29 October. But he was! So this is how it went!

On the 19th (Sunday), Robert and I were getting ready for church when my roommate came home and told us that church had already happened. We were too late! So Robert suggested we go for a walk. It was a beautiful day, so I totally agreed!
We drove up by San Juan Hall (where we had met in 2006, while Robert was on his study abroad). From San Jan, we walked towards Lundstrom Park. I had already told Robert this was my "favorite" spot in Logan (so many memories there). So, we walked and talked and had a good time. When we got to the park, we sat and practiced Dutch for almost 2 hours. It was really nice, but towards the end, I was getting a bit tired and started making more and more mistakes.....it was time to put the Dutch away.
I got up and walked around a little bit, then pulled Robert to me and started dancing with him. We danced for a bit and then decided to go.
As we were getting our stuff, Robert said he had another present for me (he had previously given me gifts from his trip to Kuala Lumpur.... so sweet!) So Robert pulled out a box shaped like a heart. It was pretty big so I thought "Maybe he brought a necklace or something...?"
As he came closer he said "and there's a question with this gift...." (I still had no clue what he was going to do).
He came really close to me and said "Will you marry me?"
I looked at him and said, "Are you serious?! Yes, of course!"
He then said I could have the ring.....it was so beautiful, sparkling in the sun. I think out of the two though, Robert looked better that day. (I'm just a sucker for a guy in a suit)
I was so happy I almost started crying! I hugged him and then felt how much he was shaking, it was so cute.
After that we just hugged and kissed and danced in the park....SO happy!
We then walked back to the car and that was that.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh what a cute engagement story! I'm so excited for you!! I also love the dress you posted! It is gorgeous!

Kat said...

Congrats again! I'm way excited for you! Being married is THE BEST. Ever! Ashes and i were talking, we'd really like to throw you a bridal shower. I'm sure Haz would want in too. . .

Kat said...

oh ya, and by the way, we need to see a pic of this gorgeous ring of yours!;)

The Jensens said...

Congrats. That is an awesome story. He sounds amazing and very romantic.

Candace said...

AAAH! Both stories are wonderful, wonderful!! I am so so so excited for you and can't wait to see all of your beautiful pictures! Hooray!!